A Destination Management Company (DMC) is a professional services company located in its destination which specializes in local expertise and resources. The DMC is a strategic partner to provide creative local experiences in event management, tours/activities, transportation, entertainment, and program logistics.
DMCs must meet key requirements below to qualify for membership in ADMEI. Meeting these requirements assures potential clients ADMEI member companies have demonstrated a basic level of knowledge and experience.
- DMC provides Tours/Activities and Transportation and at least two of the following: Event Management, Entertainment, Program Logistics.
- DMC is a member in either its local CVB/DMO, Tourism Office, or Chamber of Commerce; or, if none of the applicable organizations have memberships, then either the company or its voting representative belongs to a member association in the Events Industry Council.
- DMC has a website with its company domain consistent with its name that accurately defines the DMC services it offers.
- DMC staff have email addresses using company domain (and not public domains such as gmail and yahoo).
- DMC can provide the following documentation:
- Business licenses as required by local/state/province/country
- Liability insurance - Certificate of Insurance showing DMC carries a minimum of $1M or equivalent in general liability insurance or a letter stating why coverage is not carried.
DMCs that cannot meet the key requirements are classified as Provisional Members. Provisional Members enjoy all the benefits of Company membership except listings in the public online member directories and permission to use ADMEI Logo on marketing materials. Once Provisional members meet all Key Requirements, they are transitioned to Company members.