Applications are accepted from individuals throughout the world who are preparing for a career in Destination Management. The length of the program must be one year or longer. Two scholarships may be awarded: one to a North American student and one to a non-North American student.
2024 Scholarship Entry Deadline - 1 NOV 2023
Complete the Linda Thompson Memorial Scholarship Application. In the application you will be asked to:
- Submit a CV / Résumé (PDF format)
- Submit a Letter of Recommendation (PDF format) from either a college/university professor or a professional in the event industry that verifies applicant's:
- Commitment and ability to complete the educational program
- Experience in the event management industry, whether volunteer or paid
- Aptitude to deal with the demands of the Destination Management profession
- Submit an Essay (minimum 250 words in PDF format) that gives a sense of who you are by covering the following topics (all documents should be submitted in English):
- Interest in and/or knowledge of the Destination Management/Event Management industry.
- Focus of your studies and goals.
- Details of your volunteer and extra-curricular activities
- How receiving this scholarship will help you achieve your stated goals.
- A recent event you attended and what enhancement(s) you could implement to make it more special.
- For Extra Credit - Provide a 45 - 60 second video introducing yourself and sharing why you want to work in the Destination Management industry.
Applications must be complete with all requirements and attachments to be considered.
Applications are reviewed by the ADMEI Scholarship Committee comprised of Destination Management professionals. The decision will be made at the end of November and winners will be notified in December. Winners will also be invited to and acknowledged at the ADMEI Annual Conference (typically held the following February).
Scholarship winner(s) need not be present to accept the scholarship; however, winners that elect to attend receive a complimentary conference registration, hotel accommodations, and airfare assistance to and from the event.