2020 Scholarship Entry Deadline - 1 NOV 2019
Applications are accepted from individuals throughout the world who are preparing for a career in Destination Management. The length of the program must be one year or longer. Two scholarships may be awarded: one to a North American student and one to a non-North American student.
Complete the 2020 Linda Thompson Memorial Scholarship Application. In the application you will be asked to:
- Submit a Résumé (PDF format)
- Submit a Letter of Recommendation (PDF format) from either a college/university professor or a professional in the event industry that verifies:
- Applicant’s commitment and ability to complete the educational program
- Experience in the event management industry, whether volunteer or paid
- Aptitude to deal with the demands of the Destination Management profession
- Submit an Essay (minimum 250 words in PDF format) covering the following topics (all documents should be submitted in English):
- Explanation of interest in the Destination Management/Event Management industry.
- Explanation of knowledge or experience in the Destination Management/Event Management field.
- Focus of study and goals.
- How would receiving this scholarship help you achieve your stated goals.
- What is the last event you attended? What did you like about it? What would you do differently?
Applications must be complete with all requirements and attachments to be considered.
Applications are reviewed by the ADMEI Scholarship Committee comprised of Destination Management professionals. The decision will be made prior to the ADMEI Annual Conference and the winners will be notified immediately. Winners will also be acknowledged at the 2020 ADMEI Annual Conference.
2020 ADMEI Annual Conference
30 January - 1 February 2020
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel and Casino
San Juan, Puerto Rico USA
Scholarship winner(s) need not be present to accept the scholarship; however, winners that elect to attend receive a complimentary conference registration, hotel accommodations, and airfare assistance to and from the event.