The Carol Norfleet Continuing Education Scholarship provides a $1000 award anually to a hospitality progressional that has achieved an industry certification between 1 November and 31 October. The winner is announced each year in December. Examples of qualified industry credentials include but are not limited to the following:
DMCP - Destination Management Certified Professional
CMP - Certified Meeting Professional
CMM - Certificate in Meeting Management
CSEP - Certified Special Events Professional
CITP - Certified Incentive Travel Professional
Other industry certifications can be considered and must be shared via the application process.
2024 Scholarship Entry Deadline - 1 Nov 2023
This Scholarship is offered annually to a hospitality professional that has recently achieved an industry certification between 1 November and 31 October each year. Applications are due for that period by 1 November each year and the winner is awarded in December.
- Upload CV / Resume
- Upload letter of recommendation from industry professional* that verifies applicant's:
- experience in hospitality industry
- commitment and ability in completing the certification program
- aptitude to to deal with the demands of the hospitality industry profession
*Industry professional must include their name, company, position, and email
- Upload essay (minimum of 250 words) covering the following topics**:
- explanation of why you pursued the certification
- explanation of knowledge or experience in the hospitality field
- career goals and aspirations
- how you have exhibited volunteerism in your career
- where you see events going in the next 5 years (possible topics could include technology, sustainability, DEI, event design, or topic of your choice.)
**Creativity in the presentation of your essay is encouraged!